The HypnoBirthing® childbirth method is as much a philosophy of birth
as it is a technique for achieving a satisfying, relaxing, and stress-free method of birthing.
HypnoBirthing® teaches you, along with your birthing companion, the art and joy of experiencing birth in a more comfortable manner. You will learn how to call upon your body’s own natural relaxation and thus lessen or even eliminate discomfort and the need for medication. When a woman is properly prepared for childbirth and when mind and body are in harmony, nature is free to function in the same well-designed manner that it does with all other creatures.
You will be fascinated as you view HypnoBirthing® films showing laboring mothers, awake, alert and in good humor as they experience the kind of gentle birth that you, too, can know when you are free of the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome. HypnoBirthing® teaches you to release all prior programming about birth, how to trust your body and work with it, as well as how to free yourself of harmful emotions that lead to pain-causing fear and unyielding muscles.
HypnoBirthing® will teach you the art of using your own natural birthing instincts. With HypnoBirthing®, you will not be in a trance or a sleep state. you will be aware and fully in control, but profoundly relaxed.
THE HYPNOBIRTHING® ADVANTAGE
- Eliminates the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome before, during, and after labor.
- Eliminates or greatly reduces the need for chemical painkillers.
Shortens the first stage of labor by several hours.
- Eliminates fatigue during labor, leaving mother fresh, awake, and with energy for the actual birthing.
- Eliminates risk of hyperventilation from “shallow” breathing methods.
- Promotes special bonding of mother, baby, and birthing companion.
- More rapid postnatal recovery.
- Returns birthing to the beautiful, peaceful experience nature intended.
- Creates a more integral role for the birthing companion.
“My dream is that every woman, everywhere, will know the joy of a safe, satisfying birth for both her baby and herself–one she’ll not need to forget.” -Marie Mongan, HypnoBirthing® founder